Mama Mia. How could you possibly compliment pumpkin more than being made into a deliciously creamy risotto? Well, apart from the fact that it could become a wonderful pumpkin seed oil from Schalk Mühle. But for that it needs a completely different type of pumpkin than the Hokkaido or the butternut anyway. With this delightful recipe, we salute two varieties of pumpkin Italian-style. Buon appetito!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 500 g pumpkin pieces (Hokkaido or butternut)
- 400 g rice (risotto rice)
- Organic & Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil PGA
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 liter vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 200 ml wine, white
- 80 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Peel the pumpkin (not necessary for Hokkaido), remove the seeds and cut into small cubes. Also cut the shallots and garlic into small cubes.
- Sauté the pumpkin, onion and garlic briefly in olive oil, add the risotto rice and cook for a short time.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it boil down, now slowly add the broth.
- Cook the rice al dente, stirring constantly. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and finally sprinkle in the grated Parmesan.
- And the best comes at the end: serve with pumpkin seed oil.
Get more pumpkin seed oil recipes on https://www.pumpkinseedoil.cc